CUSTOMER SERVICE SENIOR MANAGER / OPERATIONS MANAGER
A friendly, family run, plumbing and heating business urgently requires a customer service senior manager (operations manager) to join our successful and expanding team. Working in our busy customer service centre, the successful candidate will lead a team (presently comprising 3 operators, 15 engineers and 2 apprentices), managing client enquiries, producing quotes, arranging works and supporting their staff.
Experience of management in customer service and/or the heating industry would be an advantage, but not a necessity for an enthusiastic and ambitious applicant.
The position of “customer service senior manager” will entail the sympathetic people management and sensitive communication skills that are necessary in the daily contact with customers, operators and engineers. It will require a self-motivated, proactive individual with excellent organisational skills and an ability to work within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
The successful candidate will report directly to the managing director and will be involved with developing a long term strategy as well as with day to day issues. He/she should have aspirations for progression within the group as it is envisaged that there will be considerable growth in the medium term.
This is a full time position but flexible hours will be considered.
Salary :- £30K- £35K per annum full time. + Annual performance Bonus.
Location:- Bourne End, Bucks
Job Type:- Permanent, Full Time
Start Date:– ASAP
Work closely with and report to the managing director.
Encourage emphasis on quality throughout the department.
Bring passion to your work by example and help develop a high performing team.
Personally handle the business of our large corporate clients.
Liaise, work closely with and support the whole business team. It will be a requirement to work with marketing to agree branding, campaigns and publicity material.
Attend regular reviews on risk, profitability, customer satisfaction, procedures, systems, works etc.
Manage a team of customer service operators, keeping them highly motivated to provide an extremely professional service for our customers.
Learn the job requirements of your staff should you need to cover if circumstances require it.
Resolve customer issues to their satisfaction with the most cost effective solution.
Enhance the reputation of the customer service department by:
• Giving a warm welcome with a helpful ‘can do’ attitude.
• Obtaining the relevant job information from clients to assist in the prompt and professional completion of works.
• Operating the customer service control IT system. Managing and recording all incoming job requests from instruction, through installation to job closure.
• Prioritising work, managing workload and monitoring performance. Reporting progress to staff, directors and to clients.
• Ensuring the availability of materials before committing to the clients where ever possible.
• Arranging appointments and organising diaries for engineers, plumbers and other tradesmen.
• Allocating jobs to operatives, ensuring completed job feedback and seeking all relevant information and paperwork. Providing support to all operatives throughout the day.
• Raising invoices on the completion of works in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all completed works are registered if required.
• Maintaining clean and tidy work stations. Protecting the company equipment and keeping it in good order.
• Developing good working relationships with clients and seeking business opportunities whenever possible.
• Liaising closely with the operations directors of both Heppelthwaites and R G Evans and other group staff where appropriate.
• Making commercially sound judgements and managing time to ensure good service and minimise expense.
• Delivering customer satisfaction and seeking performance feedback from clients.
• Ensuring brand compliance and promoting the company at all times.
• Striving to produce a high quality service to our clients to produce repeat business.
‘Heppelthwaite, The Red Van Plumbers’ is the service and maintenance division of the Evans Group, a family run business since 1948 delivering the complete plumbing and heating service to a diverse range of clients. More
If you are interested in becoming our customer service senior manager then please send your C.V to email@example.com or call us on 01628 533 550 for further details.