Families Magazine Competition
We have partnered up with with Families Magazine Thames Valley East to run a campaign on Gas Safety Awareness. For the past few issues we have provided gas safety advice, however we have decided for this issue we’d do a Families magazine competition to win a boiler service worth £90+VAT.
It is highly recommended by boiler manufacturers and by the gas safety authority (Gas Safe) that all gas fired boilers are serviced on an annual basis. This is predominantly to check the safe operation and test for Carbon Monoxide leaks, however a boiler service will also help improve the boilers efficiency and extend the life of your boiler. Regular maintenance can also help prevent a system breakdown, which can be expensive to repair.
Heppelthwaite the Red Van Plumbers take Gas Safety seriously, it is our business. Please feel free to read the below Gas Safe article by clicking the button at the bottom of the page. To enter the families magazine competition simply click below.
Why have a boiler service
- Carbon Monoxide can kill
- Helps reduce gas bills
- Helps reduce boiler breakdowns
- Helps reduce nasty repair bills
- Prolongs the life of the boiler
- It is compulsory for most manufacture warranties
- It is the law for landlords
What does a gas engineer do on a boiler service?
The service that Heppelthwaite the Red Van Plumbers offer is a comprehensive service that takes approx 1 hour. All boiler services are done to the manufactures guidelines which can differ.
Check list include (where applicable pending manufactures guidelines):-
- A visual inspection of the boiler, boiler location, system and condense
- Obtain any information from customer / symptoms of any pass faults
- Check and record control settings (timer / stats)
- Visual inspection of the ventilation (path and size)
- Visual checks to ensure internal flue components are sealed properly
- Visual checks to ensure flue terminals are not obstructed
- Visual inspection of external flue and terminal
- Air intake quality checked prior to removing the case
- Boiler is fired to identify any faults
- Check polarity and voltage reading / fuse rating
- Boiler casing is removed and all main boiler components are checked
- Fan tested
- Safe isolation of electrical, gas/oil and water supply
- Clean heat exchanger / burner
- Clean condensate trap and change seals
- Inside casing surfaces are cleaned
- Check inlet and working gas pressure
- Check, record and adjust CO2 reading
- Boiler parts cleaned where needed
- Electrical bonding check
- Gas valve adjusted to check that the burner is working properly
- Gas tightness test to ensure no leaks
- Test flame failure device
- Fully checked appliance for any faults
- Boiler casing put back on – check that it is properly sealed
As part of our service we provide you with a full report and also send a reminder for your next boiler service. For more information on Boiler Services click here.