Gas Explosion in Wooburn Green
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire and Rescue Services have reported that they attended a gas explosion in Wooburn Green over the weekend. The house has been completely destroyed which has left 2 injured and many local Wooburn Green residences shocked.
Crews from different local fire stations were called to the incident in Old Watery Lane at around 5.30pm. At its peak, there were about 35 firefighters and officers from Beaconsfield, High Wycombe, Maidenhead and Aylesbury at the scene. Along with local Wooburn residents, the crew rescued a man from the end-of-terrace house, and he was taken to hospital. A woman who had already been rescued by residents was also taken to hospital.
The bravery from locals who put themselves at risk to ensure the safety of those within the house and at the scene before the fire crew arrived was remarkable, a showing of true community spirit and concern for the safety of their neighbours.
The emergency services were quick to cordon off the area and houses were evacuated. An investigation into the cause of the fire has started but it is believed that the gas explosion in Wooburn Green was caused by a portable gas heater.
Gas Safety Advice
In the aftermath of this gas explosion in Wooburn Green, we urge people to take gas safety seriously. We have been running a Gas Safety campaign for the past year, advising of the dangers and how to improve the safety within your home.
Not only is there a risk of explosions but carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent killer too. Over 300 people a year are admitted to hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning, yet there are simple measures which can be taken to significantly improve your safety.
Heppelthwaite the Red Van Plumbers have produced a comprehensive article on gas safety. This article covers safety advice, information and offers our services. When was the last time you had your boiler or gas appliances serviced or checked?
However, if you need any advice or would like to speak to a member of the team, then please feel free to contact us on 01628 533 550 (option 1). We’re here to keep you warm and safe.