Thousands of people throughout the UK don’t know where to find the mains water isolation switch and many find that it is too stiff to switch off once they do find it. In an emergency such as a major water leak knowing how to isolate the mains water could save your house from unnecessary water damage. Thanks to Surestop the process has been made a whole lot easier as Surestop allows you to turn off the mains water supply with the flick of a switch.
Surestop can prevent
- The financial cost of water damage including emergency call outs and repairs.
- The emotional upheaval of suffering water damage.
- Trying to use a difficult to reach and hard to turn brass stopcock.
- Your home insurance premiums rising.
How does it work
The Surestop Stopcock is a WRAS approved switch alternative to the brass stopcock. The valve is connected to the ‘remote switch’ by twin-bore flexible tubing. The tubing takes a very small bleed of water from the mains flow, up to the switch on the wall and back into the main stream within your pipe work. When the ‘remote switch’ is changed from the ‘on’ position to the ‘off’ position the flow back from the ‘remote switch’ to the valve is stopped, pushing the flow back on itself, creating higher pressure on the diaphragm top than that within the main flow, closing the valve completely.
- Surestop remote water switches and stopcocks can be located in an easily accessible position such as just above the worktop or inside a kitchen cupboard door.
- The products can be installed in under an hour and operates solely on water pressure (no batteries required).
- Available to fit typical household 15mm or 22mm pipework.
- The Surestop was invented in the UK and is manufactured in Birmingham using components from UK suppliers.
- Since 1999, hundreds of thousands have been sold.
- Specified by over 250 different local authorities and housing associations.
Need a Surestop installer?
Heppelthwaite the Red Van Plumbers are your local plumbing and heating experts. We supply and install Surestop products and would be happy to speak with you regarding your requirements.
Please feel free to contact us on
01628 533 550
Alternatively why not book an appointment on-line
Need another service? Please feel free to view our most popular services by clicking the below.