We’re Hiring. Please see details below.
Customer Service Manager
Customer satisfaction underpins the success of our family-run business. Our Customer Service Manager is the central point of contact in the team, ensuring everything meets our customers’ needs. With strong communication skills and a patient approach, our coordinators manage all day-to-day contact with our customers in a busy, vibrant department, ensuring the delivery of consistently outstanding service. As an ambitious and caring company, we encourage all our staff to grow and be committed to developing their careers with us through fantastic opportunities for progression and great benefits.
Sitting at the heart of the customer care process you will need to be a strong communicator and listener, with a patient, empathetic and adaptable approach. Excellent organisational and IT skills are absolutely essential and proven customer service experience gained in a busy office, either within the housebuilding or the construction sector, will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per year (based on skills and experience)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8am – 5pm
- Good rates of pay
- Excellent career opportunities
- Long-established and respected company
- Company pension
- Company events
- Employee discounts
- Free on-site parking
Overseeing of Service Desk Operations: –
- Work closely and liaise regularly with the service team to understand the issues in service and maintenance. Meet formally at least once a week to discuss the performance of the department, of service team and engineers. Consider improvement actions.
- Have an overview of company policies and procedures and how the service team interacts with different departments. Seek out improvements to increase the efficiency of operations and service to our customers. Take ownership of any proposed changes, discuss with relevant parties and, if in agreement, proceed to implement change and monitor results.
- Create and monitor a range of service Key Performance Indicators of the service team and report findings to Directors as appropriate.
- Work in liaison with the service team and new build contracts teams to reduce call-backs on new build warranties and improve the efficiency of after sales service.
- Organise the service desk rota. Manage holiday requests and sick leave and ensure adequate resource is provided to the service desk.
- Ensure the service team have adequate technical services, inc. software, hardware and phone systems. Advise relevant staff on any missing resources or additional requirements. Take ownership of any issues or faults that arise and ensure relevant parties, both internally and externally, are resolving issues.
- Take ownership of any staff grievances or disciplinary matters, within the Service team or service engineers. Where possible resolve the matter or when required escalate it to a Director.
- Take ownership of all customer complaints. Assign resolution to the initial job operator, or manage the complaint directly. Look to achieve a prompt resolution where possible. When required escalate it to a Director.
- Manage a process to ensure all analysers and other required tools are sent for calibration when required.
- When required, due to sick leave or multiple holidays, work on the service desk to support the team.
Management of Business Accounts: –
- Understand the specific requirements of all business accounts. Ensure the service team is aware of requirements to ensure compliance with client policies and procedures.
- Oversee all planned maintenance requirements for business accounts. Ensure deadlines are met and client procedures are followed.
- Create a CRM program for existing business accounts. Aim to develop long-lasting business relationships and seek out further opportunities. Create a diarised program for contacting existing business accounts, both by phone, e-mail and with direct meetings. Seek feedback to ensure we are meeting and exceeding expectations and address any concerns. Pursue any opportunities to increase our working relationship.
- Create a close working relationship with after sales teams from developers. Ensure we are meeting expectations and consider the efficient management and reduction of after sales. Seek out additional chargeable business with these clients.
- Work with the marketing team to agree on project marketing aimed at creating new private and business accounts. With support from marketing teams, collect data and seek out new opportunities. Follow up any interested accounts and if work is issued ensure the smooth introduction of service.
Private Account Development: –
- Maximise the potential of any new lead into the business by ensuring good customer service, upselling when possible and appropriate, and creating opportunities for repeat business and recommendations.
- Seek out ‘up sale’ opportunities with private clients. Consider other services and business opportunities with our existing clients, both during actual visits and in the future.
- Oversee, and ensure compliance with, engineers’ marketing activities. E.g. boiler service stickers, company leaflets, and boiler quotes.
- Oversee marketing to occupants of new build contracts. Review and ensure we maximise initial in-house branding, e.g in handover packs and service stickers. Create and manage a process for future marketing activities to create new private clients.
- Maximise the functions within existing software, e.g. Notifications, to create automated marketing activities.
- Working with the marketing team, devise, create and manage periodic and one-off marketing activities/campaigns for our existing database of customers.
Control of Purchases: –
- Manage any purchase order queries. Seek to resolve any queries in a suitable time frame to fit in with account processing and monthly cycle.
- Work to ensure engineers and service team follow procedures to minimise future queries.
- Consider improvements to the purchase order process, which balances the need to simplify and speed up the process, whilst maintaining control of purchases and costs.
- Work closely with the service team to ensure material credits are processed to minimise loss. To review the process and introduce improvement measures where required.
- Customer service experience within an office environment.
- Experience in the use of CRM software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic IT skills (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Ability to multi-task with good time management.
Heppelthwaite The Red Van Plumbers are a local family-run plumbing and heating company. We offer a complete plumbing and heating service to private and domestic customers, and business customers, including the National Trust.
Heppelthwaite are part of the Evans Group comprising of 5 divisions, which are Evans Design, RG Evans, Heppelthwaite – The Red Van Plumbers, Heppelthwaite – Green Building Solutions and Heated Floors. Each company specialises in key areas such as design, contracts and special projects, service and maintenance and renewable energy.
Combined the Group provides the ultimate service to individual homeowners, to large new build developers and commercial builders. Furthermore, the Evans Group encourages the development of individual career paths and provides career progression opportunities to all staff.