We’re Hiring. Please see details below.
Service Desk Team Leader
Customer satisfaction underpins the success of our family-run business. Our Service Desk Team Leader is the central point of contact in the team, ensuring everything meets our customers’ needs. With strong communication skills and a patient approach, our coordinators manage all day-to-day contact with our customers in a busy, vibrant department, ensuring the delivery of consistently outstanding service. As an ambitious and caring company, we encourage all our staff to grow and be committed to developing their careers with us through fantastic opportunities for progression and great benefits.
Sitting at the heart of the customer care process you will need to be a strong communicator and listener, with a patient, empathetic and adaptable approach. Excellent organisational and IT skills are absolutely essential and proven customer service experience gained in a busy office, either within the housebuilding or the construction sector, will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per year (based on skills and experience)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8am – 5pm
- Good rates of pay
- Excellent career opportunities
- Long-established and respected company
- Company pension
- Company events
- Employee discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Be the day-to-day Manager of the service team assigning daily roles and highlighting daily priorities and focus.
- Ensure all customer enquiries are swiftly answered by the service team. Assign service desk resources to ensure all incoming phone calls and e-mail inboxes can be answered and replied to swiftly.
- Ensure the service team is adequately supporting the engineers.
- Ensure live jobs are pushed through to completion as swiftly and efficiently as possible. Monitor the different job stages and status, highlight areas that need reducing and assign service desk resources accordingly.
- Ensure the diary and engineer resource is fully utilised. Monitoring the diary throughout the day and highlighting to the service team where additional work is required on the day and in the coming few days.
- Monitor issues within after sales care. Seek improvements to reduce the costs of the service. Report issues and trends to CSM and/or contracts teams.
- Report regularly to Customer Service Manager on operational demands and difficulties. Report issues over customer demand compared to engineer and service desk resources. Monitor and report on engineer compliance.
- Seek out improvements to policies and procedures that will increase the efficiency of operations and/or the service to our customers. Discuss ideas with the service team and engineers and report any changes that may improve our business to Customer Service Manager.
- Customer service experience within an office environment.
- Experience in the use of CRM software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic IT Skills (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Ability to multi-task with good time management.
Heppelthwaite The Red Van Plumbers are a local family-run plumbing and heating company. We offer a complete plumbing and heating service to private and domestic customers, and business customers, including the National Trust.
Additionally, Heppelthwaite are part of the Evans Group comprising of 5 divisions, which are Evans Design, RG Evans, Heppelthwaite – The Red Van Plumbers, Heppelthwaite – Green Building Solutions and Heated Floors. Each company specialises in key areas such as design, contracts and special projects, service and maintenance and renewable energy.
Combined the Group provides the ultimate service to individual homeowners, to large new build developers and commercial builders. Furthermore, the Evans Group encourages the development of individual career paths and provides career progression opportunities to all staff.